General Terms and Conditions - Haagsche Stadsfiets
Haagsche Stadsfiets is an organization that rents bicycles from location Scheveningen and Den Haag Centrum.
The following General Terms and Conditions apply to all offers and rental agreements (hereinafter: rental receipts). By renting one or more bicycles or leasing a bicycle the customer acknowledges to have read these General Terms and Conditions and to accept them.
For the sake of readability, only the singular form of various terms is used in these General Terms and Conditions; however, they also apply to their plural form.
Where the masculine form is used in these General Terms and Conditions, this should also be read as the feminine form, insofar as applicable.
Article 1 - General
- We do not require a deposit to rent a bicycle.
- Upon presentation of a valid ID, you can rent a bicycle or scooter.
- For business rentals, we do not ask for proof of identity, but an offer agreement.
- To rent a scooter, you must be over 21 years old and show a valid driver's license.
- Treat the bikes nicely.
- All bikes are equipped with AXA locks & mortise locks (special locks).
- Try to park your bike as much as possible in guarded bike racks. There are guarded bicycle parking facilities, Biesieklettes, at the stations and in the City Centre of The Hague where you can park your bike for free. In the center there are special parking spaces for your bike.
Article 2 - Insurance, damage, repair, loss or theft
- Repairs to the bicycle are the responsibility of Haagsche Stadsfiets, except when the damage is the result of the hirer's behavior.
- Haagsche Stadsfiets reserves the right to charge the hirer for repair costs resulting from not careful use of the bicycle.
- The hirer is not permitted to carry out repairs to the bicycle or have them carried out by anyone other than Haagsche Stadsfiets, unless Haagsche Stadsfiets gives its permission.
- In case of discovery of defects or in case of theft and/or loss, these have to be reported immediately to Haagsche Stadsfiets. This may be done within 24 hours by telephone on +31(0)70 355 40 60 or by email to email@example.com.
- During the rental period, the renter is liable for damage due to negligent use, loss or theft and likewise all costs associated with its use, such as storage or improper storage of a bicycle.
- In case of theft, the renter must request the details of the bicycle from the rental company, report the theft to the police, submit a duplicate of the police report in person or digitally (firstname.lastname@example.org) and, if available, the bicycle key to Haagsche Stadsfiets.
- You are insured for theft with an excess. If the bicycle key is present, you pay an excess of € 100.00 per normal bicycle, € 150.00 per cargo bike, € 200.00 per electric cargo bike, € 150.00 per electric bicycle or € 250.00 per electric scooter. If you are unable to provide the bicycle key, you will pay the value of the bicycle, cargo bike or scooter.
- You are insured for damage to the bike. This will be repaired as soon as possible.*
* In case of demonstrable misuse we will charge a fee
** In case of vandalism or demonstrable abuse, normal sales rates apply
Article 3 - Liability
Haagsche Stadsfiets cannot be held liable to compensate for any damage, which is a direct or indirect result of:
- Damage resulting from any intentional or negligent acts of the tenant.
- Damage resulting from defects that cannot be attributed to Haagsche Stadsfiets.
- Damage when the renter has not used the bicycle correctly or has used it in violation of the instructions for use and/or safety regulations.
- Haagsche Stadsfiets is not responsible and/or liable for bicycle accidents or dangerous situations and accidents.
- Haagsche Stadsfiets is not liable for any damages from the temporary or no use of the bicycle.
- Haagsche Stadsfiets is not liable for damages such as bodily injury, death, property damage or damage to third parties during the use of the bicycle. The use of the bicycle is entirely at your own risk.
- Haagsche Stadsfiets cannot be held liable for fines during the use of the bicycle received by the hirer.
Article 4 - Refund
Corporate group rental
- Changes can be made at least 48 hours in advance. Cancellations can be made free of charge at least 48 hours in advance. On the day of cancellation we do not grant refunds and charge half the rent.
- Fietsen die geleverd worden en niet gebruikt zijn, worden vooralsnog gefactureerd. Hier verlenen wij helaas geen resitutie voor.
- Bovenstaande voorwaarden gelden ook bij slecht weer.
- Annuleringen en/of wijziginen dienen per mail ingediend te worden.
- If you want to change your reservation, you can do so free of charge.
- For cancellations on the day itself, we unfortunately do not grant refunds.
- For cancellations at least 24 hours in advance, we grant a 50% refund minus a € 4.50 administration fee. This amount will be refunded within 48 hours.
- For cancellations at least 48 hours in advance, we will grant a refund minus a € 4.50 administration fee. This amount will be refunded within 48 hours.
- We do not grant refunds if you return your bike earlier than the end date of the rental period.
- Bovenstaande voorwaarden gelden ook bij slecht weer.
- Annuleringen en/of wijzigingen dienen per mail ingediend te worden.
Article 5 - Complaints
- Any complaints should be made to Haagsche Stadsfiets no later than 24 hours after the rental.
Article 6 - Final provisions/Applicable law
- For special activities or services, different and/or additional conditions may apply. These will be made known to the customer.
- Obvious (writing) errors and mistakes in the information published and/or provided by 'Haagsche Stadsfiets' are binding on 'Haagsche Stadsfiets'.
- These General Terms and Conditions and all transport agreements are governed by Dutch law.
- Disputes, which cannot be resolved by the parties themselves, should be submitted to the competent court in The Hague.
Thus prepared and adopted at The Hague, January 2018, and filed with the Chamber of Commerce.
Final version 1-5-2018